
Makeup so that I would look beautiful. :) Side Note: I love makeup, in case you didn't know that about me.

This zebra stripped bag that I remembered I had. Matched my outfit perfectly. Oh, the zebra stuff was destiny. Anyway...

Ribbon to spruce up an older (but still beautiful!) dress...more about that later!

A flower to put on my dress - I felt like it was a nice touch. Thanks to my cousin Becky for helping me think it up!

Glitter Spray Paint. I bought this fun stuff for my mask for the Andrew Lloyd Webber concert and used it to give my flower a little bit of sparkle. :) Speaking of masks...

The theme for Prom was "Masquerade" so I borrowed my friends mask that matched my whole zebra theme, but ended up not using it because Sashi didn't get one, which was okay as no one else in our group did masks.

Here's another view of the mask. Its really cute and I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to use it... but whatever. :)

One bottle of silver nail polish. Okay, obviously not the entire bottle, but what am I supposed to say: "3 1/4 teaspoons of silver nail polish"? I mean really. ;)

A necklace and a ring. The necklace is one that I've had for a while and the ring... haha, that ring has a funny story behind it. So, I guess it was sitting on a table in one of my classes and someone who was in that class thought it was mine, so he gave it to one of my friends, who then gave it to me during a class that we had together. When I told him that it wasn't mine, he argued with me about it! You'd think I'd no my own jewelry haha but whatever. ;) Anyway, then he was like "okay, I'll just give it back to the person that gave it to me." But then he slipped it unto my school bag, and I found it like three days later. And so now I wear it... haha but if I ever find out whose it really is, I will give it back. Its way to big for my fingers anyway, but I try and make it work...

One bottle of perfume. Okay okay, not that WHOLE bottle, but again, do you really want "three or four squirts of Jo Malone London Verbenas of Provence Cologne"?? I love this perfume. Someone in my Mom's Stake Relief Society presidency gave it to her, but my Mom doesn't really use perfume... and I do. :) Its from London, England. I know its a brand that you can get here, but don't rain on my parade. Plus its called Jo Malone LONDON. :) Anyway, I love the smell of it, its kind of a lemony scent. Its yummy. :)

Tanning Lotion. Oh this stuff. Its needed by me, this poor little redhead who couldn't tan if it would save her life. :) My Life is Just Fun. That reminds me, while we were in Arizona, I thought to a name that would be fun for a blog, but I might name one of my entries that, so you will just have to keep reading my blog to find out what it is. ;)

One "corsage." Except it went in my hair. I thought it was fun and original. :) Except it took forever to get it in (Sashi tried, then my Mom tried, then finally I just went in the bathroom and tried to jam it in somewhere). The reason for all this trouble is the result of these things (which I love, I really do, but sometimes that make life a tiny bit difficult!):

Bobby pins. Yes, there were a LOT of them in my poor head. But they made my hair look simply fantastic along with this stuff:

Hairspray. Pretty much this entire bottle was used. Yes, its smaller, but thats still a LOT of hairspray to use for one hairstyle! But my hair looked fantastic, mostly thanks to my aunt Lor! She is pretty much the most amazing hairstylist ever. I love her. :) Thanks Lor!

One adorable zebra print headband! Seriously, I love this headband, and I got it for three dollars at Icing, which was fantastic! It was on sale and was originally six or seven dollars, which isn't a lot, but I probably wouldn't have bought it for that much. So cute. I went back and forth about buying it, but decided it would be a fun touch. :)

SHOES! Oh, my entire outfit was BUILT around these shoes that I found a picture of online. It was love at first sight (which I don't really believe in... but it applies to these shoes). I was worried I wouldn't be able too find them since I saw them on a website, but I guess I'd been living right and found them! Here are a couple more pictures of them!

(Quick note, I'm not sure why this picture is at such a weird angle...sorry!)

Oh, I love these shoes.

One super cute dress! I wore this adorable dress as a bridesmaid at Lor's wedding four years ago...and it still fit. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, but it saved me two or three hundred dollars on a dress! I have ALWAYS been in love with it, even since before I knew that I was going to be wearing it for Lor's wedding. I saw it in the Allyse's Bridal catalogue and LOVED it. At the time, it was my favorite dress in the catalouge, then I found out I would be wearing it. DREAM COME TRUE! :) Thanks again Lor!

Finally, it took one heck of a lot of time! Between finding shoes, a flower, ribbon, getting my hair done, doing my makeup, getting the dress on, getting the corsage in my hair, and everything else I'm forgetting, it basically took me a week to get ready for this one night, and if I had had to buy a dress... it would have taken me FOREVER! :) But Prom was TONS of fun, I loved it! Totally worth the effort. And the final result:

Okay, Sashi looks moderately to severely loathed to be at my side in these pictures... not sure whats up with that. I promise we had fun! And I look a lot taller than him in these pictures than I actually was. They say the camera adds ten pounds. Well for me, it added like two inches. :) Anyway, I really wasn't taller than him... anyway...

He is much happier in this picture. He was laughing at my inability to get my picture taken. I have the hardest time... :P I have moderate to severe issues.
Not to be vain, but I felt liked a look prettier than these pictures really show... the only person that can REALLY make me feel photogenic is my Mom's cousin Lynley! She is simply fantastic with a camera. Thanks Lynley!
Anyway, that's the story of Prom. :) I have more fun stuff going on in my life, but I will have to post about it later. Quick preview:
My first AP Test EVER!
SCERA Ballroom nightmare concert!
Plastic Bag skirts for our "Recycled" Samba as our ballroom instructor likes to call it.
Mother's Day! (My Mom is simply AMAZING! Love you Madre!)
Countdown to end of school!!!!!!!
The baby... when will she come????????
Our A Capella Alto movie.
Making dinner with Sashi. Despite what anyone in my family tells you, I made the Fettucine Sauce! Sashi stirred, which was important OBVIOUSLY because I am not patient enough to. If you are confused I'm sorry :) I will elaborate later. I was just proud of myself because I'm not a good cook, and Sashi is.
And last but not least... Chamber Choir kidnappings! (Which means that I made Chamber Choir, which is a HUGE deal as a LOT of girls didn't make it, so I am REALLY excited that I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Well, I need to go to bed. Math test tomorrow. Yuck.
Ciao!
~Ali
Glad to read the final product. You were gorgeous! Love you too. As to Little Miss' arrival, only she knows! :)
ReplyDeleteHOW EXCITING!!! First of all, you look STUNNING in your prom attire! LOVE the shoes and flower on your dress! Second of all, WAY TO GO on making Chamber Choir!! That is so AWESOME!! So proud of you! Lastly, thanks for the compliment... a beautiful girl like you is quite easy to take pictures of!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had fun at Prom and super excited you made Chamber choir!
ReplyDeleteOH MY ALI! MY ALI MY ALI!!!!! I love you. :) you are a sweet pea in....my life. Let's read each others blogs, k? I'm glad prom was beautiful and I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR SHOOOES
ReplyDelete