April 21, 2011

Too Long!

It has been entirely too long since I last posted. A month and a day. Well, I have lots to say! As usual. :)

I ended with Choir Tour to Seattle...I will start in order from there!

I sang at New Beginnings with one of the girls in my ward. It was a song called "I Believe in Me" and it was a very good song for me at the time and helped a lot. :)

I took pictures for my photo class of several friends! It was super fun! We had to copy an advertisement picture and it was very fun. I was going to upload the pictures and the ads side by side, but my printer and computer are being lame and a half, so maybe at some point I will do that.

Bitter news always has to accompany the sweet. Otherwise, life would be too easy. A wonderful woman in my ward, Sister June Sutton, passed away. She was in her 80s and she lived her life to its fullest. She was incredible! She had the opportunity to become a famous actress and she turned it down to be a wife and mother. Her love for me, my family, and everyone around her, was, and still is, truly remarkable and heartfelt. I love her with all my heart and we will all miss her very much.

I continue to Ballroom dance at the SCERA theater and I still love it! It is so much fun and a couple weeks ago I finished choreographing my dance! I am very proud of it, and could not have done it without my wonderful brother Josh who stood in as the guy in my dance so that I could choreograph more easily (I asked for his help for 5 minutes, and he ended up helping me for an hour and a half! I owe him something...) anyway, I will be performing this dance as well as several others at the SCERA theater at some point, I will let you know when. :)

Lately, I have been having breathing problems and as my Mom and I were looking into that, we discovered that I had a lot of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism, which is when your thyroid is too active, and your metabolism is too high (yes, that is a bad thing!). This kind of freaked me out a little (ya think??), so we scheduled an appointment with our doctor. They took blood (yech) and the results were...negative! Yay for no hyperthyroidism! However, the fact that I do not have hyperthyroidism does not automatically change the fact that I cannot BREATH half the time, so we are setting up an appointment with a pediatrician my doctor recommended. And she is JAMAICAN! So I am excited. Or at least as excited as one can be when they are going to the doctor...I will let you know more as soon as I know more.

General Conference was wonderful, as usually. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk as always, and there were many other wonderful talks that helped me out with some of the trials and problems that I am faced with lately! I also, of course, loved Elder Richard G. Scott's talk, but what girl didn't??

Probably one of the biggest things that I have done this month is that I went to Arizona with my family to visit family over Spring Break! We left right after school on the 8th, and stayed in Kanab that night. My baby brother was darling and obsessed with everything about the hotel room, especially the fact that the soap was "SO HIGH!" in the shower. I love that little kid so much! Arizona had beautiful weather and was so fun and I loved spending time with my grandma. I got to see the graduation quilt she is making for me and it is GORGEOUS! :) We got home safely, which was a tender mercy, as we ran into a terrible snow storm on the way home. Prayers work.

When we got back from Arizona on Thursday, I hung out with some friends, which was fun. On Friday I went shopping with my BFF and I got two cute shirts and really cute capris. I also got these super cute floral ruffled sandals that I'm OBSESSED with. :)

School came back in full force on Monday. Yuck. I can't wait for Summer. I had 6:30am Early Morning Rehearsals for choirs on Monday and Tuesday, a choir concert on Tuesday, and a test in my AP Environmental Science test on Wednesday. I am happy that this week is almost over!

Today I auditioned for choir next year, and lets just say...it did not go as well as I hoped it would. :( I really wanted to make Chamber Choir, but I don't think that I am going to. It makes me really sad, but I guess whatever happens will be how its supposed to be in the end.

On that note...today/yesterday I got asked to Prom!!!!!! I walked into mutual yesterday and there was a sign on the bulletin board the said: ALLISON WILTBANK, WILL YOU GO TO PROM WITH ME?? First off, my name only has one "L". And the person who asked me KNOWS that. He was trying to throw me off. It kind of worked, but its kind of hard to pull things over on me. :) PLUS he gave me two addresses to try and find and for anyone who doesn't know, I am TERRIBLE at directions. I can barely tell my left from my right. You think I'm kidding. Needless to say, I had to recruit the help of a nearby friend to help me fins the last address, which turned out to be the guy who asked me 's house...which I have been to multiple times. Embarrassing much? Needless to say, I now know Sashi's address. :) that kid... :) anyway, he KNOWS I am directionally challenged! He is just a punk. :) but of course he knows I'm not going to say no! However, he also threw me off because today when I told him I was getting asked to Prom, he acted all put out and sad! Needless to say, I am going to try and think of an adequate way to answer him in...a way he deserves. ;) I will let you know how that goes. :) I am, nonetheless, very excited for Prom! If anyone has a dress...let me know. :) Prom is April 30th, so I'm kind of stressed about the dress! But everything will work out. :)

One of my new favorite songs is "Love Song" by P!nk. So I am now going to go learn it on my guitar.

Ciao!
~Ali

1 comment: