July 8, 2012

Still Thinking

I just got back from the cemetery, which is where I go when I need to seriously think and be by myself. Maybe it's a little creepy, but hey, it's my thing.  Anyway. I guess my biggest thing at this point is why them? Why them and not me? That's one of my biggest questions in life. When I look at it, my life is so ridiculously simple and easy compared to the lives of many of those around me. From friends and family who have siblings and parents and nieces and nephews who have passed on, to friends who have parents that are divorced, friends that come from abusive situations, people who live in poverty, the list goes on and on. My question remains: why them? Why them and not me?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for trials and difficulties like this. I have a hard enough time feeling the sympathy and bearing others burdens, I don't really want to have to feel all of that for my own trials. I mean, I've had trials. In fact, I've had some pretty hard personal trials. Things like this just put it into perspective for me I guess.

I guess all I really want to say is, God bless all of you and thank you for the impact you have had in my life so far. I pray for you to overcome your trials and I want to be able to be there for you when you need me.

Come what may and love it.
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment