July 8, 2012

Life is Fragile

Today I found out that an acquaintance from school along with the older brother of a friend were killed in a motorcycle accident early this morning. My heart and prayers go out to the families of each of them, and I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers as well. In addition to this, I found out earlier this week that a friend and some acquaintances from school were in a car accident and are in the hospital. As far as I know, they all survived. My prayers remain with them as well. I'm sure they and their families would also appreciate your prayers.

These things have gotten me thinking a lot today about life and how incredibly delicate and fragile it is. We don't know when our Father in Heaven is going to call us home and this is why we have to be ready constantly. It is something that we all need to work on, and I am not perfect and have to work on it as well.

Life is short. Live it! If there is anyone, especially family, that you are struggling to get along with, think about this: if that person died tomorrow, would the fighting be worth it? If you died tomorrow, would you have regrets?

Live hard, love hard, and never forget to keep things in perspective.

If your Father in Heaven called you home tomorrow, would you be ready?

Just some thoughts I am having.

God bless, and I hope to be with you all for eternity. Please don't let petty arguments and feelings ruin your chance at Eternity with your family.

I love you all!

Come what may and love it. Seriously.
~Ali

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends!

    Love you, Ali, and love your very wise advice in this post! Really, holding on to anger over "it" (whatever that might be) isn't worth it in the long run.

    Thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Ali. I am so sorry to hear about your friends. I hope their families have felt peace and comfort in their sad loss.

    I love what you have to say here! Life is so very fragile. Thanks for the reminder to let go of the things that hold us back and strain relationships. You are so very right:)

    ReplyDelete