Sigh. Confessional time: I miss choir. I never thought I would, but I do. Like, a lot. I mean, I remember how tired I was getting of it and how frustrating Mrs. Mathews could be, but let's be real for a minute. I miss it. Especially Chamber.
Quick background on why this is all coming up: Arise (the Institute Choir I'm in) sang for Friday forum as did Cadence, the Chamber Choir at Snow. And of course, they sang "The Christmas Song." You know, Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Well, my Chamber choir sang that. And it has brought up all these mysterious emotions I thought I wouldn't have.
I miss choir. I miss the laughing, the breakdowns in the choir office with Mariah, the good times, even the bad times that helped bring us closer and made us stronger. But most of all, I miss performing. When it all came down to it, I loved sharing our hard work with an audience.
I don't have that love anymore. I don't really like performing anymore. I don't have the connection with Arise that I had with my Chamber family. I haven't been through thick and thin with them the way I had with Chamber.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't go back to high school. Nope. The drama, the waking up early, eight classes. No. But I do miss that feeling. You know, when you feel really accomplished and you want to share that? I don't have it anymore. I hope I can find it in something again soon.
Come what may and love it.
~Alison
You will find what you want to share with the world. I know you will. :) Madre
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing person, Ali, with so many gifts. I can't wait to see what you will do with them. I know it will be fab-u-lous!
ReplyDeleteHappy end of the semester to you. :)