January 12, 2014

Compositions in my head

As you can see the blog got a little bit of a makeover. I figured since my life is changing, so should the blog!

Sometimes I write in my head. I compose journal entries, blog posts, anything. I do it when I'm stressed, when something interesting is happening, or when I'm just plain bored. The topics vary. School, being married, friends, family, holidays, politics; it just depends on where my brain happens to wander.

It may seem a little vain, but it is certainly a shame that a lot of these compositions never get written down. These things that I write in my head are the real Alison. They show the best side of me, the worst side of me, all of me.

That's why one of my goals for 2014, a "New Year's Resolution" if you will, is to bring a notebook with me everywhere I go. I guess a journal. I used to do that in high school and it was one of the best things for me. I want to start doing that again so that I can just write. Voluntary writing is how I unwind. It helps me de-stress. In doing this, I hope to become more relaxed. I can be a little uptight sometimes and I want to change that. It's one of my long-term goals and this is one of the ways that I can accomplish that.

So I guess this entry could technically be called "Compositions no longer in my head."

Today is the day!
~Alison

3 comments:

  1. I love the blog makeover! I hope you will share some of your best compositions here. :) Love, Madre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks so beautiful. I love you Ali. :) Yay for writing things down.

    ReplyDelete