Yay!!! Me and Casey got engaged yesterday!! We've known for a couple weeks that we were going to get married, but he officially proposed yesterday!!
He asked me up behind the Manti Temple (which is where we are going to be getting married). We were looking through some binoculars at the mountains and here's how it went down....
Casey: Look over by that mudslide! (that boy and his Geology references... ;) I see a deer!
Ali: I don't see anything...
Casey: Well do you see this?
He was holding up the ring in front of the binoculars..!!
Ali: What is that??
Casey: A ring!
Ali: I KNOW THAT!! When did you get it??
See, we went ring shopping this weekend. He came up to spend conference weekend with me and mi familia and to ask my Dad's permission to marry me. :) And we also went and looked at rings. But that wasn't really what we were doing! He was just getting my finger measured exactly so he could order my ring. Because I have child hands. My ring finger is literally a size 3.5. So they have to custom make my ring. The one I have now is exactly what mine will look like, but it is three sizes too big, so I have these plastic spacer things haha. Anyway...
Casey: Last Wednesday, when I went to "lunch" with my mom!
What can I say? My man has excellent taste! The ring is everything I wanted and then some! Just like him. :) I know, I know, so sappy!
After that he stood up, got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. I was smiling so much that I didn't say anything right away so he was like....
Casey: Ali...?? Will you marry me??
Ali: Of course!!!!!
But for real, I love this guy with all my heart and I can't wait to marry him and spend forever with him!
We are planning on getting married on December 14th. We are going to call the temple tomorrow and reserve the biggest sealing room possible! We both have huge families so it's going to be a giant celebration!
We couldn't be happier. :)
Come what may and love it!
~Alison
PS: We are looking for a wedding photographer. We are covered for Engagements and Bridals, but we are looking for someone to cover the actual wedding! Videographer as well! Let me know your ideas and suggestions!!

No comments:
Post a Comment