March 17, 2012

How I am green (for green)


How fun that this post happens to be on St. Patrick's day! Hope no one got pinched (at least too hard).

I love to be green.
It is not only the best color on me as a redhead, but also an excellent way to save our environment.
The three Rs (not Readin', 'Ritin', and 'Rithmatic, but REduce, REuse, and REcycle).
I am quite green.
Throwing away paper is almost a sin to me.

Just ask my mother.

At work, we through away SO MUCH receipt paper and I am petitioning to my managers to get a recycling bin.
I really think I am just going to start bringing a big bag, throwing it all in there and taking it home and recycling it.

Myself.

Also, on the green plus side for my work, we do try and reuse bags from catering until they practically fall apart.

And even then we use them a few more times.

I recycle any and everything that has even the tiniest bit of potential to be recycled.

I also try to use as little paper as possible and tend to lean toward emailing my teachers my assignments.
As opposed to printing them and wasting paper that will eventually be thrown away.

Because who wants old English assignments?

These are just a few of the ways I try to maintain a green lifestyle.
But as Kermit the Frog so sagely put, "It's not easy being green."
And as I am about to so wisely put: "I'm doing my best."

Plus green is just a really good color on me. ;)

Do I get docked points for vanity?

~Ali

1 comment:

  1. I love being green, too! It helps that hotels and restaurants are trying hard to "go green" (well...some, as you so clearly stated) so I had it engrained in me for my degree.

    But probably one of my favorite parts of Cedar City...they have recycling bins for EVERYTHING! Paper, glass, plastic, metal, etc. I haven't officially begun to recycle everything yet, but I am excited to!

    And green is a very good color on you!

    ReplyDelete