March 11, 2012

8

My little sister is turning eight tomorrow.

WHAT?

She is not that old! I remember when she was a tiny little baby, sweet and small. I remember when I would wake up in the middle of the night to find her curled up at the end of my bed like a puppy. I remember her adorable "bob" haircut (which she didn't like because it was a "boy"). I remember taking pictures with her on Sunday Afternoons (everything from a pioneer to a cheerleader to a princess to a bride). I still do her hair. It is so straight and thing and tangled and crazy, but it's still adorable and it's a fun challenge to fins ways to make is stay in one place for more than 20 minutes, especially with her active nature. She asks me to paint her nails every time I do mine. I should do that more often with her.

Now she is:
In second grade.
A little bluebird.
A better dancer than I will ever be
A sweet, happy big sister to Mikey and little Sarah.
Getting baptized next month.

What is happening to me?
Is this what being a parent feels like???

I'm so old.

Happy Birthday Katie. I wish you the happiest 8th year a girl could have. I really will miss you when I go to college this fall. Love you sweetheart!

~Ali

1 comment: