That sounds moderately cynical (and that sounds moderately nerdy). But its not. :) I LOVE the Holidays! They are a great time of the year, my favorite in fact. Well, tied with Summer (aka, no school and warm!!!) Here's my thought though, and it mostly has to do with music. A bunch of people I know are all "I can't wait until Monday (side note - Halloween) because then I can listen to Christmas music!" Okay, so you'll wait for Halloween... but not Thanksgiving??? Thanksgiving is a way better holiday than Halloween in my opinion, and I therefore love it too much to skip over and start Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love these people that say this, I just don't agree with them. I LOVE Christmas music, and, like a whole bunch of other things in life, I love it enough to wait for it. :) I wait until after Thanksgiving because I love it so much!!!!! Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays, and I'm sorry, but I can't just skip over it. :) But I love all of you that do listen to it after Halloween. :)
Anyway, now that's over, I want to let everyone know about Children of Eden! Its going to be pretty good I think! If you want tickets, let me know, preferably this week and I'll get you some. The show is November 17-21 (that's a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday) and the tickets are $5 in advance. If you want tickets but there's not a time for you to come pay for them, just let me know and I'll get it to you and you can pay me back asap. I would love to see you there! Its going to be a great show. :) Hope to get to see you there! :) Thanks for the support!
As always,
Ali
Ali, I completely agree on the Christmas music situation. I have an ever growing collection of Christmas CD's and a pile of old school cassette tapes. As much as I love it there is a time and a place. I don't want to be sick of it come Christmas morning so as for me and my house...we (and by we I mean me :) ) wait until after Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to figure out which day is going to work best to see your play. I will have to get back with you on that.