I had a realization last night and I wrote about it in my journal. I'll directly quote from my journal.
"So, it just kind of hit me, but I'm only at home for one more year. A year seems like a long time but as I think about it...the years have been going by so fast... I'm a Senior in high school. Those people that I've been looking up to since I was a Sophomore... no, really since I was a little girl, that's me now. I'm the one people are going to be looking up to. I'm starting the last chapter of the first book of my life. Its scary. So, thanks a lot Miranda Lambert! Your song - The House that Built Me - got me going and now I'm crying and I'm going to have puffy eyes tomorrow. Seriously, someone gave the 93.3 country station the story of my life and is playing it tonight. Wow. Don't think my 'okay' was on that. But whatever. I'm in a weird country mood lately [and just as a side note, I don't even LIKE country music. I'm crazy.] Yeah, I'm odd. :) I mean, I know I can always come back home... buts its only my actual home for one more year. One. I've been living here for 15 years. Sweet 16 and I'm going to be gone. I have to grow up this year, I'm gonna have to buy toilet paper and laundry detergent, what is this?? But I have a year. One year. No more, but no less. I can do this. I can grow up. Maybe. Not that I have much of a choice... Gosh."
There you have it. :) That was my realization. Well, I'm going to go back to my lot in life lately, that is applying for jobs. Wish me luck! If anyone knows anything about a job... let me know!
:)
Ali
No comments:
Post a Comment