June 26, 2011

Girls Camp!

Well, once upon a time there are two things on my camera from Girls Camp this year and they are both videos of the girls in my ward and I dancing the dance I choreographed and singing our version of Justin Bieber's song "Baby" with the word "Baby" changed to "Devi" (pronounced Davy) which is the name of our wonderful camp director. And while it is a seriously fantastic (I have choreographing skills! Haha I'm totally kidding) I really don't know that I want video-graphic (is that a word?) proof that I did such a thing. Haha, anyway, on the whole Girls Camp was a wonderful experience as always and I loved it. Except for when a bat got into our cabin. That I was not a fan of, because I am absolutely terrified of bats. I have this fear that one will get caught in my hair and flap around. Yech, it gives me the chills just thinking about it. Anyway, this was my last year of Girls Camp up at MIA Shalom. I have such great experiences up there and I will greatly miss it. But I will not miss the little friends that have made their gross appearances in my cabin a couple times. Not a fan of rodents may I just say. But anyway, Girls Camp was fun and not nearly as cold as we were expecting. In fact the weather was beautiful. Some of the girls did go sledding (I didn't because I kind of had a headache and didn't really feel like going, so I stayed behind and talked to our camp director. She amuses me.) Anyway as I said, Girls Camp was great. I spoke about it in church today and that went surprisingly well because (confession time!) I wrote my talk on the stand before I had to go up and speak. Aren't I so great? Haha, I'm crazy. But I was busy yesterday and...okay, not busy, there were just things I needed to do. Besides, I had a basic idea of what I wanted to say, I just needed to make myself a couple of notes. Anyway, there's my story. :)

My Mom and I watched one of the weirdest movies last night. It was called "Mandie and the Secret Tunnel" and it was so weird. I'm sorry if anyone loved it, but I was weirded out by the random people and strange music. Anyway, I just looked it up and found out that there is another one called "Mandie and the Cherokee Treasure" and one that hasn't even come out yet that's called "Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas." I'm not exactly sure how they made money to keep them in business, but whatever. At least we didn't pay anything at Blockbuster to see it. Until July 4th we get free movies. :) We also watched "Flicka" yesterday, and that was, though predictable, good. We watched it with Sashi and he was commenting on its predictability the entire time. Silly boy. :)

Dad and the kids are getting back tomorrow. They were in Nebraska for a family reunion last week and now they are visiting some of my cousins up in South Weber. We're going to celebrate Mikey's 4th birthday tomorrow by going to see Cars 2 and I'm excited. :) I can hardly believe that he's already 4! I was thinking about this and when Sarah is my age...I'll be 34. Weird, huh? I think I've used that word quite excessively this post. :)

Well, I can't think of anything else to write. Breanna is in Hawaii and won't be back until Tuesday, and funny story, I saw her at Target on Monday, the day before both of us left, me for Girls Camp and her for Hawaii. Haha. Well, maybe not that funny. Well, I'm tired and I am going to go to bed now.

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment