Well, Happy Sunday! Its been. . . interesting haha. And fun and quite entertaining. Here's the back story: So yesterday was my Mom's cousin Stephanie's wedding. It was a beautiful day and I loved it! I got to tend Stephanie's niece Mauri whom I absolutely adore! She is such a sweetheart! The wedding was in Salt Lake City so I stayed in a hotel with my cousin Becky last night. That was an experience as our room had an adjoining door with the room next to us who we did not know and at probably 7 or 8 en la manana I heard a little voice say: "where does this go?" Next thing we knew the door was opening! Apparently the last people to have the room failed to bolt the door. Luckily a parent or somebody must have grabbed the kid because then the door shut. Later on from the hallway I heard a man's voice say a little too loudly "you sicko perverted teenagers!" Let's just say I didn't even WANT to know. So I went back to sleep. Eventually I got up and showered, using the shampoo so graciously provided to us by the hotel which did nothing more than turn my head into a giant puff of fluff. I pulled it back when I got home. Oh but my friends, the adventure is not over yet. Becky and I eventually checked out of the hotel and went to the Museum of Church History and Art or whatever it is called and that was really cool. Minus the creepy goat and rat puppets in the kid part. Anyway then the real excitement started. We decided to see if there was a Sacrament Meeting going on at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. And oh dear, yes there most certainly was. Since its Fast Sunday, it was Fast and Testimony Meeting. And there were some "lovely" testimonies. One woman talked about her smoke detector for like 7 minutes (you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?) And THEN she told us about how when it went off at 1:30 in the morning, she eventually got it down and put it, still beeping, out onto the balcony of her condo, where the neighbors got to enjoy it for the rest of the night I'm sure. But she didn't stop there. Oh no, she continued to tell us that she was sure it would take care of the pigeon problem they had as it would, I kid you not, disturb the creating of baby pigeons. Are you shocked? Imagine hearing it during Sacrament Meeting. Needless to say, Becky and I were trying our hardest not to burst out laughing. We were both shaking. AND the fun doesn't end there. This woman talked for probably 15 minutes before finally winding down. Now in comes the peanut gallery behind us. They were three old ladies who reminded me and Becky of those two grouchy men in the Muppet movies. At the end of her "testimony" this woman says "I would like to conclude with my testimony" then she closed. As soon as she said "Amen," one of the old women behind us goes "That wasn't a testimony, that was a life story!" And she said it very loudly in a deadly quiet chapel. I'm sure the whole ward heard it. Becky and I were busting a gut by now and the next woman to get up doesn't help at all. She was probably in her 70s or 80s and talked about how she had started wondering of God was real because of some newspaper article she'd read. Later she told us about "blobs of love" and I'm not totally sure what that is. . . and. . .yeah. Pretty much she was crazy. I'm not sure how to describe it. I tell the story much better in person. Anyway, the whole meeting was full of odd "testimonies" and as soon as Becky and I were out of the earshot of any ward members, we just about died laughing. I don't think we stopped laughing until we got home.
So my birthday was on Friday! I'm 17 now! Do you know what that MEANS????? It means that I am going to be 18 in a year. Lets not think about that. Anyway imagine my surprise when I saw this waiting for me on my front porch:
Also on my birthday my friend Musashi gave me a giraffe! A stuffed one, obviously. He is super cute and I love it lots and lots. I am still trying to think of a good name for it, so if you have any input, comment on this post and let me know. :) And for the benefit of all those who my parents have NOT blabbed to, (love you guys ;) Musashi is a little more than a friend. He was actually my first kiss. So now you know. :)
For my birthday, several of my friends in Chamber got their Valentunes group together and sang to me for my birthday at lunch. They sang "Smile" by Uncle Kracker. And I actually don't like that song but the boys did a great job and made me like the sung a little better. Thanks guys! :)
For dinner on my birthday I had crab and shrimp and my parents gave me an iHome. That I picked out haha. :)
That night I hung out with Breanna, Austin, and Musashi (eventually because he had a track meet which he did great at apparently :). Well, there you go, that was my birthday. It was a fantastic day! Thanks for everyone that made it special!
Lots of love!
Ali <3
Ali, Today was the weirdest testimony meeting I have ever been present for by far. :). I can't wait for what is in store the next time we go somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI read your blog. :) Keep posting. I love hearing about your life in your way of writing.
ReplyDeleteDear Alison,
ReplyDeleteI think it needs to be said that "and by the way, Breanna is a little more than a friend. She is actually my best friend of my LIFE and in the UNIVERSE and I would simply DIE without her." I'm not being vain, I'm just insecure. ;) I'm just kidding you lil silly. But I liked that Jack was in here. He was an adventure.