




You know, life is truly a growing experience and I am grateful for it. However, I have no idea how I am going to earn enough money to go on choir tour. This is were you come in. If in any way humanly possible you could manage to buy tickets from me to our choir fundraising concert! It will be in February on the 11 and 12 I believe. The theme this year is Andrew Lloyd Webber. Our choirs will be performing medleys of various musicals by Andrew Lloyd Webber such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Cats, Starlight Express, Evita, and The Phantom of the Opera. I will be involved in The Phantom of the Opera and maybe Evita. The cost of the tickets is going to be $10. Now wait, before you say heck no, just hear me out here. This concert will be absolutely incredible! The theme of last years was Love and it was so amazing! We go all out! Its like a play, but you get the music and you get a whole bunch of different things and experiences. For example, last year my choir did Enchanted and I was Giselle. The A Cappella choir did West Side Story and there was a whole bunch of things that other people did. So come! Let me know of you want tickets and I will get them for you. I will be selling them this month, next month, and probably the beginning of February. It will be an awesome experience and you absolutely will not regret it! There is a Saturday matinee and then evening performances both days. :) Let me know ASAP. If you want to give tickets as a Christmas present, let me know and I will get you the tickets before Christmas. By the way, $7 of the $10 goes toward my choir tour, so I would greatly appreciate every ticket.
Anyway, so my life today has been interesting. I woke up at about 9am this morning and got ready for another lovely December day (in all honesty, its kind of gloomy and pretty darn cold, but I like to look at the world through rose colored glasses and hey, its December and I hope that you are all having a wonderful holiday season). Anyway, so I left my house at about 9:50 to go pick up a friend and go to Barnes and Noble to wrap presents to (surprise!) earn choir tour money. The the grand total: $6.00. There were three people there wrapping including me and so that equals $2 for each of us. But hey, life could be worse. After our two-hour shift, my friend and I wandered the book store, laughing, making odd faces, and rushing away from some of the rather strange sections of the store. At one point we ended up in the children's section and spent about half-an-hour reading "The Smart Girl's Guide to Boys." It was an experience. Please understand that this book was written for probably 10-14 year olds, so we spent the majority of our time making fun of the book and discussing how situations would be different for us since we are no longer 12 years old. However, some of the things written for these tweens were scarily familiar... mostly how immature boys are. Also, there was an entire section of the book about kissing. What we didn't understand was why a book written for tweens even had a part dedicated to kissing. I mean really? I'm 16 and I have never been kissed and I'm fine with that. Whatever though. It was a fun experience. We also saw a book called "The Art of Seduction." We were no longer in the children's section. We quickly walked away to look at the nearby journals. Also we looked at cookbooks in the entryway and became quite hungry in the process. I danced in the entryway and ran into a couple people. Welcome to my life. :) Anyway, I eventually came home, cleaned the family room, my room, made my bed, and decided to write another post. Well, I need to go practice "Breath of Heaven" which I am singing tonight for our ward Christmas party. I will need to write about Temple Square another time. Also, I am dancing tonight for Shawn's cha-cha class, so I will let you know how that goes!
-Ali




No comments:
Post a Comment