All right so I wrote this personal narrative for my English class. Its about difficult decisions.
My Journey
When we got this assignment, I thought, no problem. Easy. No worries. So I sat back, relaxed, turned on my iPod and listened to Bruno Mars, Billy Joel, the Beatles, Taylor Swift, etc. serenade me while I read "Mockingjay." The next thing I knew I was at school with everyone asking me what my personal narrative was about. No problem I thought. No problem at all. I can write it during math. Okay, well, maybe during choir. The next thing I know I’m in my English class still not quite knowing what’s going on. The main problem: what to write about?
"What should I write my personal narrative about?" I’m now officially asking every person I know, have known, or think I that may come to know eventually. I know, ideally it should be just what its called: a "personal" narrative, and it isn’t really personal if someone else tells me what to write about, but that is completely beside the point by now. I get more than one person telling me to write about my first kiss, however, in my opinion, that is a little more personal then I want to get. Another person tells me to write about the time I threw my teddy bear at my brother and it split open his head, right above the eyebrow. Funny, yes. A learning experience, most definitely. Something I could write a page and a half about? Absolutely not. Here’s what I would write: once I threw my teddy bear at my little brother and the music box thing hit him right above his eyebrow and I got in big trouble and I learned that temper gets you no where. Personal narrative finished. Grade: F- in giant red letters at the top of my paper.
Life is indeed full of tough choices. Many decisions that we have to make are extremely difficult, excruciating even. Well, we are ideally supposed to write on a recent event, fresh on the brain. Well, what’s more recent than this assignment, I thought to myself. So here I am answering the questions: What made it difficult? Well, the fact that everything I thought that I could potentially write about was either too silly, too serious, too personal, or too short/easily resolved. What did I finally decide to do? Write about the most difficult decision of picking a topic to write about. How was it finally resolved? Well, I wrote this essay. Which I either just got an A+ or an F- on. The final choice is yours. The difficult decision lies no longer in my hands, but yours.
Let me know if you like it! :)
Well anyway the newest fun thing in my life is that I get to do hair and makeup for Dracula the Musical at my school. So that will be lots of fun! I am very very excited. It is this week and it is Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I am hoping I will be able to help out with this kind of stuff more at my school because that's what I'm kind of interested in. Maybe not so much like Theater makeup, more like celebrity or fashion show stuff, but this will be good experience wise.
By the way, nothing came of the Annie thing, but its fine haha I'm a little old... but it was a good experience I guess. Haha. It was my last chance at that role, but I can move on haha.
Anyway, so if you didn't know this, I am on a ballroom team at the SCERA theater and I love it. We are working on solo couple dances right now and I am choreographing mine to "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore from one of my favorite movies, A Walk to Remember. Its going to be so awesome possum! And I found the most beautiful lift in a video on Youtube. If you want beautifulness, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2KkqKJ9r60&feature=related
Well, its time for bed! Good night!
~Ali
Hey you! So exciting about the hair and makeup fun! I love reading your posts, you are a very excellent writer! Anywho, Let's find a time to do photos:) Looking forward!!
ReplyDeleteYour paper still cracks me up!
ReplyDelete