May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life, whether or not you are mother's in reality or not. Many of you have played an important role in my life and I love and appreciate each of you. Besides my own dear mother and both my grandmothers who I got to see or speak to today, I especially just want to let all my aunts (on both sides), Becky, Lynley, and Michelle Smith know what a profound impact each of you have had in my life. I love each of you in your own way and have a special reason why each of you is a little like a mother in my life. If you want to know what it is, just let me know. :) Love you all!

To honor my own mother today, I was able to speak in church and I think I did a good job. At least that is what I have heard. :) I was also able to give her a couple of presents. Here are the links to see what they are:
http://deseretbook.com/Close-Me-Figurine-Willow-Tree/i/5020176
http://deseretbook.com/Angel-Mother-7x7-Plaque-DB-Imports/i/5077757
And I also got Nanny a present:
http://deseretbook.com/My-Grandmother-Figurine-Willow-Tree/i/5049741
And Lore too:
http://deseretbook.com/Have-Faith-Blossom-Bucket-Inc/i/5075375
Just minus the stuff on the top of that one.

So yep. It was a pretty good Mother's Day. I hope my Mom enjoyed it as much as I did.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!

Come what may and love it!
~Ali

PS: What's the job called when you want to knock down, rebuild and redesign older homes? Because that would be rockin'. Getting to build an awesome home and try out all my sweet ideas pinned on pinterest over and over again? Sign me up por favor.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh... Thanks Ali! That made me cry!! I love you lots and am so proud of the amazing women you have become!! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures with college on the horizon!! Hope you had a great day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called a developer. Maybe an architect, but that is only the last one. So, developer. That is a rough and tumble world, I work with a few of them.

    The non-profit's that do it are pretty inspiring to me - here are two that I work with:
    http://www.cpahinc.org/
    http://www.bienestar-or.org/

    Happy graduation - thanks for sending us the notice!

    Cousin Janice

    ReplyDelete