Today has been... long to say the least. This post needs to be quick as you will note the time it is being posted. I just had to share what I got to come home to today:
Those nasty lines on my window are water lines. Yep. I came home to a windowsill filled about fourth of the way up with water. How did I discover this? Well, I was looking for my wallet (different story for a different blog post) when I began to wonder why my carpet was wet. Long story short... my carpet was soaked. The bottom of my window seat was drenched in water and a bunch of the stuff in their, including some papers, old notebooks, and my Personal Progress book, are basically ruined. Luckily, my journals were safely stored somewhere else, so my embarrassing secrets are still written for my posterity to read someday.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are a few I snapped in the midst of the shop vac soaking up all the lovely dirt water.
The storage room next door.
The bottom of my window seat.
After being vacuumed out.
My bed, covered with everything that was either on my floor or in my window seat.
My dresser.
Okay, maybe it always looks like that.
More shots of the mess. We had to pull all of the books off my bookshelf and move it to avoid mold problems.
And no, despite what my parents may try to tell you, this is NOT what my room looks like all the time.
The shop vac. Filled with some mighty narsty water. This is basically from my room alone.
The dark strip on the bottom equals water soakage. Yeah, there were a lot of papers ruined. I didn't find anything majorly important that was ruined though.
My notebooks drying.
I don't think that stove works.
My personal progress book drying.
Good thing I am finished.
Well, on the bright side... I got a pretty good blog post out of this.
Life is doing a great job of dealing out the lemons lately. Good thing I've got plenty of sugar in my life to sweeten it up. :)
Come what may and love it!
~Ali
No comments:
Post a Comment